I hope you are looking forward to being involved in church tomorrow. I have mentioned this before, but this is not a time to be a spectator. Church is a time to be mentally involved in the worship of God. In order to prepare your mind, I suggest spending time in personal prayer before coming and asking God to give you an open mind and a soft heart to hear and apply the Word of God.
Over the past two weeks we have seen the following from John 1:
The introduction of Jesus (1) Logos to Jew and Greek
The description of Jesus (2-5) Eternal and Personal
The testimony of Jesus (6-8) John the Baptist, Works, Father, Holy Spirit
The significance of Jesus (9) True light
The rejection of Jesus (10-11) His own did not receive Him
The reception of Jesus (12-13) Those who receive are sons…
These first thirteen verses have built to the climax we are going to read now in verses 14-18…
1. Christ’s Incarnation—”The word became flesh”: John 1:14.
2. Christ’s Earthly sojourn—”And tabernacled among us:” John 1:14.
3. Christ’s Essential Glory—”As of the only Begotten:” John 1:14.
4. Christ’s Supreme excellency—”Preferred before:” John 1:15.
5. Christ’s Divine sufficiency—”His fullness:” John 1:16.
6. Christ’s Moral perfections—”Grace and truth:” John 1:17.
7. Christ’s Wondrous revelation—Made known “the Father:” John 1:18.
I hope to see you all tomorrow…