||Happy New Years Eve!!!
This is your last day to prepare your New Year’s resolutions…..or….dissolutions if you heard Fred during Brag on God yesterday.
Even without a Mayan Calendar for guidance, I am expecting this to be an incredible year for the New Life family. God has been opening up opportunities for us to partner with other churches and ministries in the KC area. We have started planning for some missions trips, several individuals have stepped up their commitment to local ministry and from my perspective, the excitement is getting contagious.
I suggest you take some time this evening or tomorrow to choose a Bible reading plan for this next year. If you need some suggestions try these:
New Plans Just Added:
- NIV Once-A-Day With six new devotionals, make the Bible a daily habit as you read short devotionals that fit into the pace of life. From Zondervan. various lengths
- Made to Crave: 21 Day Challenge Bridge the gap between your desire to live a healthy lifestyle and the spiritual strength you need for lasting change. >From Lysa TerKeurst. 21 days
- God’s Glory and Your Purpose: Devotions with John Piper In this five-day video devotional, John Piper explains what the Bible teaches about the glory of God, and how it impacts our daily lives. From Desiring God. 5 days
Tried and True Plans:
- The One Year® Bible The most popular plan on YouVersion, experience the joy of reading the entire Bible with as little as 15 minutes of reading each day. From Tyndale. 1 year
- The Essential 100 A favorite around the world, the E100 guides you through 50 Old Testament and 50 New Testament passages, helping you see the big picture of God’s Word. From Scripture Union. 100 days
- Soul Detox Use this plan to identify what’s been chipping away at your soul, and to cleanse your spirit, as you step into the person God created you to be. From LifeChurch.tv. 35 days
I believe God is calling us to become more serious about personal discipleship. I am praying for 64 New Lifers who will make the commitment to pray for God to give us one disciple in 2013. So far we have 54 who have committed which leaves us with 10 more opportunities to commit.
The leadership at New Life is committed to providing the necessary support and accountability to for you to see a goal for personal discipleship become a reality. If you are willing to add your name to the list, please reply and include your cell phone carrier and # as we will be using text messages a one of our methods for communication.
I am praying for each of us to experience God’s best this next year!