As we look forward to Easter Sunday, I want to take a moment to look back with gratitude on an incredible Palm Sunday. Nearly two thousand years ago, in another country, I imagine people were sitting down at night after an exciting day…
Multitudes of people lined the streets heading into Jerusalem throwing down palm branches and clothes shouting “Hosanna to the King of the Jews!”
“The next day the large crowd that had come to the feast heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem. So they took branches of palm trees and went out to meet him, crying out, “Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord, even the King of Israel!”” (John 12:12–13, ESV)
Normal people were full of hope…the long awaited King of the Jews was in town.
This morning at New Life CityChurch, we didn’t have any palm branches…(that is so first century :)), but we were bursting with hope!
The reason for our hope hasn’t changed…Jesus!
This morning was an incredible morning and we need to celebrate all that God is doing. A huge thanks to Dave and Karen Robinson for their leadership along with so many others who invested so much to make this day phenomenal.
Here are some of the comments Pastor Dave shared with the team and thought you would also be excited to hear them:
I read all the comment cards, praying as I went along. Praise God – there was not one negative comment. There were too many comments to write down but here are some of them:
- “This is a great way to engage post-modern culture and worldview – provided good tools to engage others!”
- “I enjoyed the concept a lot! I could see it really being a regular, enjoyable outlet for the non-believer.”
- “A great way to share the gospel.”
- “A beautiful way to unfold the cry of the human heart, then bring the truth of Jesus’ love as our only hope!”
- “The most innovative way to present the hope of Jesus Christ! Thank you all! Everyone did a wonderful job of presenting. Praise God!”
- “Thank you! For too long the Church has been polarized from the arts. This was the most reconciliatory thing I have ever participated in! This is our 3rd visit, and we were amazed and blessed! BRAVEST. SERVICE. EVER!”
- “I loved that we were in discussion with others. A very fresh way to explore our faith. I also love using the arts in the church! So many churches try so hard to cut out anything that is not ‘Church’!”
- “I heard great things from my table mates! It was a great time of sharing – one man at my table regretted not being a better son before his mom died. Now his hope is in God, and Scripture.”
- “I thought the story of the soul was amazing. It helped many to rethink where they want to go in their faith.”
- “It was super cool. Awesome. Amazing!”
- “I am a Christian artist, but still finding my path in that. Thank you for today!”
- “It opened my eyes and showed me why I’m here and that I can make a difference!”
- “Great! Very thought provoking and a reminder of everyone’s need for Christ. I would definitely do this again! Thank you for pointing it back to Christ as our only hope!”
- “It was a great way to be reminded of the needs around me and in my own life in a non-threatening way in an engaging environment.”
- “It was good to have this chance for meaningful fellowship.”
- “Awesome. It’s important to bring reality to people – we can’t biblically exist only in our Christian bubble. We are given the great commission to reach out to the world!!!”
- “I was proud to have a friend here!”
- “What a great way to build community and minister to others.”
- “It was wonderful! I learned so much and enjoyed talking with others.”
- “I enjoyed the deep conversation with friends. It allowed me to connect with them on a different level.”
- “Very inspiring! Wonderful presentation – want to come again.”
- “…it really made me think!”
- “This was very uplifting. It allowed me to open up to my group which is extremely hard for me to do.”
- “The stories were eye opening!”
- “Loved it. So creative and powerful. I look forward to the next time.”
- “Powerful! Stirred up feelings! … exceeded my expectations!”
- “…allowed the audience to be interactive and it kept me intrigued!”
- “…thought provoking; very meaningful!”
- “Inspiring, deep. It made me think and realize that I want to change some things in my life. I am very happy I attended.”
- “Very honest, open! It was put together very well.”
- “Excellent! The best service at New Life. But not enough talk time.”
- “Good to do something like this for small groups.”
- “Thank you for your expression of ministry together! I am only a pixel in the body of Christ but my work soul – work and play is compatible with your ministry and SOTS. You all are wellness-weavers! How can we best serve together?”
- Short comments like this were made, too: “Excellent. Awesome. Loved it! FANTASTIC! Lovely. Moving. Great change of pace. Touched my soul. Very cool and outside the box! A great experience. Stirred my soul.”
On this note…our work is not completed. There are many more that need to hear this same message of hope that only comes through Jesus. Please invite friends and family to join us for Easter Sunday.
Have a great week!